Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Google plans to make PCs history

Ok…no, no, no! After just the first line, I could tell I wasn’t going to like this article! I guess the media isn’t really a reliable source of information, but I’m going to cite it anyway…I don’t know much about computer viruses/hackers/what-not, but I do know that there is way too much going on in the news about people just hacking into a personal computer as is. I do not need my computer’s information more susceptible to misuse! The article says, “A user’s personal files and operating system could be stored on Google’s own servers and accessed via the internet.” What if there were to be some sort of glitch, and another person got a hold (accidentally) of my information? In the wrong hands, personal information could be very dangerous. Many people store account information via the internet. They manage their financial accounts, etc. Should Google have a glitch and accidentally give out this information, the results could be detrimental. Aside from the possible negative outcomes, storing your information online might beneficial, like the article states, in “the cloud” to be free from computer crashes and other memory loss. Despite the negativity, I am sure the G-drive will become popular and might give PCs a run for the money, being that, like the article said, PCs would become cheaper as they would become merely just internet connections versus huge storage facilities. I will not be buying into this “G-drive” for as long as it does not eradicate PCs.

No comments:

Post a Comment